Sunday, May 2, 2010

An unusually usual story - Pt.1

“I’m an outcast and forever will be one….. ….. ….. Will I?”

Few years ago


At a baptism ceremony


“Hi mom! I’m finally baptised”, I said joyfully talking on the phone.


“That’s great! At least now you are under the umbrella of a church. You can always depend on the church”, Mom sounded joyful and relieved on the other side of the phone.


1 year after baptism


At church


“I would like to serve in the church but I have this problem. Well, I came from a broken family. My dad and mom fights very often, so I’ve developed a sense of low self-esteem and insecurity….. That’s why while working, I always have part-times because I’m afraid that anytime I might have to leave my work and normally I hate to argue with people… bla bla bla”


That’s me blurting out everything about my personal life to a church member in-charge of interviewing me for a ministry in church.


At work the next day


“Danny! I told you lots of times, this documents need approval from the top management before it is faxed to the customers!”, barked the manager.


“But sir, you are the one who asked Mika to tell me to fax to the customer immediately yesterday?”, I answered.


“Oh no, I actually told you to get a signature from the top management before you faxed it. How could I forgot what I said?”, defended Mika.


“So, what do you have to say?”, asked the manager.


“Sigh~, sorry, I will call the customer and do it all over again”, I said.


(Why bother explaining to people when it obviously it’s either Mika or the manager’s fault. I am positively sure I heard correctly what Mika said to me yesterday. Sigh~) Me thinking


Lunchtime


Mika, “ So, I heard from uncle Sam that you interviewed for serving in a ministry in church?”


“How do you know?”, I asked.


“Obviously uncle Sam’s son told me, we’re buddies!”, said Mika. “I alsooo heard that you’re doing a part-time job?” “Anyway, I’ll be joining the same ministry as you.”, smiled Mika.


I nodded smiling sheepishly.

...to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment