Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why do good people get bad things?

I have a close friend who lost a job again for the 10th time in 8 yrs of his working life. Though he was a senior and was in management, it does not get easier for him. Seems like each time somebody or some factor forces him to leave the job. I myself who had tremendous faith in him started to think was he that bad?

I also got to knew a colleague who passed away due to cancer at a young age. It was a recurring attack and it overcame him. Was he that bad?

Come to think about it, I knew worse people who are being blessed tremendously in terms of career, health & finance. But who am I to judge?

Is God telling us something? Everyone has sins in their life. Are there more sins to atone? The explanation I get from within is that probably a person was meant to do something great, that explains the challenge in life. But isn't that what people always think of themselves, that they are more special than the rest. Sometimes I ask myself: Why do we struggle? What else have we not learned? What now? When will the fiasco end? And sometimes I'm grateful for cozy moments, reliable friends, understanding spouse, good health and the ease of burdens.

Words that I keep reminding myself:
Wait upon the Lord, He will surely lift me up again!
There's nothing that can separate me from my Abba Father!
Not one sparrow will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.  -Matthew 10:29,31-

There's no conclusion to this question, the only thing is that as long as I live, I will continue to live my purpose whether I consciously know it or not.

4 comments:

  1. hi friend, i like what you wrote there, cuz sometime i have the same thought too. May be we just dun understand the God's way of doing thing. God bless you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FaithInYou, thanks. God bless you too :)

    ReplyDelete