Monday, April 5, 2010

Quotes from Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

First & foremost I'm no Narnia fan because I found it too kiddy compare to Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Having said that, as I go through the movie I couldn't help but to take notes of all the meaningful scripts/cliches (or whatever you want to call it). Just to share some & also my observation of the hidden meaning.

Scene 1: About having faith and taking action.
Lucy: " I knew it was you but the others didn't believe."
Aslan: "And why would that stop you from coming to me?"

Note: Most of us take action because we wanted to be acknowledged by others (peers, bosses, relatives, etc) but when people who "meant well" discouraged us, it's enough to make us pause or even give up our life goals.


Scene 2: About humility & readiness.
Aslan: "Arise kings & queens of Narnia."
Prince Caspian: "I don't think I'm ready."
Aslan: "And for that reason you are."

Note: Most people would jump to the 1st opportunity for promotion or additional responsibilities. I think this message is saying that a person who truly understand his/her own capabilities and realised his/her own shortcomings are the ones most suitable. This person also acknowledge that there're limitations to his/her talents & that the additional factor that makes the success comes from a higher power.


Scene 3: About humility.
When every mouse wants to cut off their tails just to make their leader feels better, Aslan healed their leader's tail and said,
"Not for the sake of your dignity but for the sake of your people."

Note: Most people nowadays do things for the sake of our own dignity or "face". But the fact that we have democracy system now shows that the majority is more important than the minority. I once heard a pastor said that the Prime Minister is head servant to the majority and should not be treated as a VIP. This also coincides with the message that I wrote in my earlier posts, the rich can help to make the world better. Sadly people who joins various services clubs today only want their name and face recognised but when asked to part with their money, it's a taboo.


Scene 4: About faith & trust.
When offered to go to another world, few voluntered, then Aslan said,
"Because you have spoken 1st, your future will be good."

Note: We are afraid of the unknown, but when we volunter to do something for God & others, that is faith & trust. The  fact that we're afraid shows our limited wisdom and lack of faith & trust. Yes, you might argue that people are hard to trust nowadays. I agree, but to me, I can always trust in God.


Scene 5: About learning.
"Everything will have its own time."

Note: There will be a time for sowing & a time for harvesting, a time for celebration & a time of mourning, a time of prosperity & lean times. Even the seasons in the world changes with time. To me, its just that bad times seems excruciatingly longer and goods times seems shortlived.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try now.. you also comment more in my blog la. =)

    ReplyDelete