Wednesday, January 5, 2011

When I have it all

Phew! Back to writing again. Was cought up between sweetness of gaming and shittiness of lousy workplace, rascals and finance. Thank God the weather has calmed down once again.. but for how long?

A thought came across my mind today, a question to be exact, what would I feel when I had it all? I heard a story about a person who said to a friend when he 1st bought his new car, "I'm so happy with myself and excited, I can't sleep for weeks!" But after a month, "It's just another car...". By the way his new car is a BMW.
Well, easy for him to say because he once had it and are still owning it. Did you ever think for a second for someone who yearned for it for years but still couldn't get that kind of car or even worse, can never fulfill his/her dream no matter how hard he/she tries? Would he/she be satisfied?

As I ponder about this issue, Solomon suddenly came across my mind. As most of us knew, Solomon, he was the most wealthy, influential, powerful, wise, respected, loved and horny king in his time. Imagine he had like more than 300 most beautiful women at his side (or is it 3000, can't remember), more gold in his kingdom that gold was as common as copper and everybody from everywhere came to seek his wisdom. But during the later stage of his life, he gave a quote in a book he wrote, "Everything is meaningless!"
Yeah right! Easy for him to say that because if given, anyone would like to be in his shoes.

What I'm trying to point out is this, yes, I know that all material things are temporary and meaningless when you're at the end of your life. Yes I also know that a relationship with God is the most important because it's the only thing that last for eternity. BUT if you live a full life like Solomon compare to a person with struggles all of his/her life, which life do you think is more meaningless?

I do not have the answer and I know most people in this world are struggling with life to just make ends meet. Yes, you can say it's a matter of expectations and necessities in life but if the Bible tells me to have faith in God for all my needs, then I will try to follow because it's the best thing to do compare to doing nothing or even worse, doing the wrong things that messed up our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment