Monday, March 29, 2010

To bless others, one 1st must be blessed abundantly

"When you say you have a conviction to help the needy, so why don't you help them now?"

That's the question I sometimes get from people. Now let me ask a few questions before answering that query.

1. If you are only "surviving" on necessities, how can you help others?
2. If you don't provide time, love, care & comfort for your own family, how can you provide those to others?
3. If you don't even pamper or love yourself, do you even capable of showing love to others?

Let's elaborate a little,

What is a necessity? It's different from a person to person. To me, it's a shelter for my family, a transport for work & occasional pleasure eg. family trips, food on the table that do not kill you in the long run, some decent savings for rainy days. 
Now most people have these but do they really own their car or house? Or does it still belongs to the banks? That's why I'm so against people who wants to have big cars & big house but says, "Oh, I'm so broke!". I'd say "Shove it up your arse!" You're only suffering because of your pride. Is that even a basic need? Always check with yourself (or close ones if you're an impulsive buyer) whether is it necessary or not to make that purchase. 

Yes, I know we can still help with the little that we have. But what is money if we can't be bothered where it goes to as long as we just give? What are words of comfort when we're not there most of the times the needy are suffering? What's the use of the little time we spent on weekends helping out when most of the time they needed companions to understand & cares for them? The needy do not need us condescending them but emphatise with them.
Is this leading somewhere? Yes, I am still against the rich. It's because,

1. They have all the necessities & comforts of life.
2. They do not need to sloth like us.
3. They have "reservoirs" to fall back to.
4. They have all the time for golfing & networking.
5. They have all the money to buy luxury items, cars, houses & lovers.
6. Instead of finding more money, they should spend more time caring for the needy.

Of course what I'm proposing will only happen in heaven because sadly most people couldn't care less but themselves. Wait a minute, am I not also like that? Yes, well at least until I have taken care of my family needs. People are selfish anyway, myself included. Which brings to the next post, "are noble-hearted people selfish?" Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment