Monday, March 29, 2010

Are noble-hearted people selfish?

Are you? Deep down inside we're all selfish little bastards. Why do I say so? Well, even if I'm noble-hearted, what's the core reason for me doing all those noble things? To get satisfaction? To get right with God? To have joy knowing that I've contributed something back to the society? To have a good conscience? Get the drift? It's all about what I'm getting. Even if I were to say I'm doing all these to fulfil God's law so that I'll be blessed & gain God's favour, "give & ye shall be given", or "do unto others what you want others to do unto you". It's all me me me & more me.
So why do I emphasize on providing for our own family needs 1st it's because if I'm a person who neglected my family by wanting to do good outside, in actuality I'm sacrficing them for my own selfish goals. So all those selfish bastards out there, please don't act noble but start from your own family or even yourself. Same goes for the self-righteous ones. That'll be on my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment